Keeping the mind and body active.
May 2018 · Editor: David Burt
Here at Wardside house we love to keep the mind and body active.
Wardside House, care home, host regular quiz nights and exercise classes to keep our residents active.
Start Active, Stay Active: A Report on Physical Activity for Health from the Four Home Countries’ Chief Medical Officers states that the benefits of exercise include:
• better cognitive function
• reduced cardiovascular risk
• a greater ability to carry out daily living activities and maintain independence and autonomy
• improved mood, mental health and self-esteem
• reduced risk of falls in the elderly with better strength and stability.